Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm Dee and I'm a shopaholic


Shopaholic can refer to:

* A slang term for oniomania, or compulsive shopping

Oniomania (from Greek onios = "for sale," mania = insanity[1]) is a medical term for the compulsive desire to shop. Oniomania is the technical term for the compulsive desire to shop, more commonly referred to as compulsive shopping, compulsive buying, shopping addiction or shopaholism.


I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs.... maybe I'm just addicted to shop!
But that doesn't hurt anybody right??

I can't help it! Whether it's make up, handbags, shoes, magazines, you name it, I might buy it!

The feeling of having something new on your hands, and wearing or using it for the first time, I have no words to describe it!

It's like Rebecca Bloomwood (from the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic) would say:

You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better.

No comments: