Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sarah Palin sucks!




According to the Huffington Post, Sarah Palin flubbed a Madeleine Albright quote at a rally this morning in California. " "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women," Palin said, when the actual quote is, "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women." Apparently, Palin got the quote from a Starbucks coffee cup and decided to share it with the crowd. Well, you know what, Sarah Palin? There are a lot of places in Hell, I'm sure, but I was raised to believe that Hell is for people who sell their souls to the Devil, in a metaphorical sense, by turning their backs on what they believe is right. And Sarah Palin, I don't care if you're a woman. I think you're wrong, and there's no way I'm going to Hell for standing up and telling you so.

This is the United States of America, and if you want the respect of me, or millions of other women, you should probably stop threatening us with hellfire and nonsense. And I don't think you, of all people, a woman who believes that rape victims should have to carry their rapist's babies, should be throwing around quips about hell and supporting other women. Maybe you should consider why so many women disagree with you, and if you really support your fellow women, you should be able to recognize, understand, and support their right to not blindly follow you just because we share the same genitalia. I don't know much about Heaven and Hell, but there's a special place on earth called the voting booth that I'll be visiting in November, and I sure as hell won't be supporting you. [Huffington Post]


From Jezebel

No comments: